|Job opening ID||44|
The Network Administrator will report to the Network Infrastructure Manager and be responsible for supporting the LAN/WAN network infrastructure located across Canada.
The candidate will need to have demonstrated production support, design, planning, implementation and troubleshooting expertise, practices and strategies with experience in medium to large network infrastructures. The Network Team is responsible for configuring and managing Cisco routers and switches, and Cisco Series Content
Services Switches (CSS) and Nortel devices to load balance high volume Internet/Ecommerce traffic infrastructure for the production, development, and quality assurance environments. The scope of responsibility for this team begins at the design, planning, implementation and proactive monitoring of network equipment to support existing and new applications. It includes security/performance monitoring, configuration management, and issue escalation and resolution.
Key Performance Measures
•Completing all project deliverables on scope and on time
•Achievements based on goals set out by the manager of the team
•Adherence to all corporate policies, standards and guidelines
Ensures that the performance and quality of deliverables meet with
• Experience with supporting and trouble-shooting network related problems in an enterprise environment with expertise in Cisco Routers, Switches, Load balancers, Firewalls and Intrusion Detection. Must have experience with Cisco series routers, and switches.
• Strong working knowledge of network/internet Protocols/Services such as VoIP, GigE, 10/100 Ethernet, OSPF, EIGRP, DNS, TCP/IP, IPSec & NAT.
• Willingness to work beyond core business hours, if necessary to minimized business interruption during planned or unplanned security system modifications.
• Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Responsible for installations, Analysis, Quality Assurance and Support of WAN, LAN, and Voice Networks and Tools:
• Develops or modifies software such as routines supporting network monitoring
• Performs maintenance and controls the installation of network services and technology (such as VPN concentrator, Firewalls, DMZ, etc).
• Ensures the quality, performance and thorough testing of Network Services and Systems before release into the production environments
• Participates in, and ensures that there is 24 hour support for Network systems and products; analyzes and solves operational and procedural problems; identifies and tracks all technical issues with regards to these products.
• Provides technical expertise to projects as required.
Actively participate with project teams:
• Participate in technical projects as required by management.
• Co-ordinates development environment and assists in the conversion of applications to the new technologies.
• Provides performance and capacity planning across all topologies.
Demonstrates Technical specialization in three or more of the following disciplines:
• Cisco Product Line
• Local area Networks
• Wide area Networks
• Data Network offerings (ATM, Frame Relay, DSL, etc)
• Voice Network offerings
• Firewall Technology
• College diploma or equivalent in a related discipline.
• 2 Years experience with Cisco routers, switches, PIX firewalls and CSS
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with contacts effectively and efficiently.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Prepared to work off hours and travel as required.
• Minimum 5 years working in a senior network role.
• Experience with telecom switches (Meridian) and voice mail systems
• IP telephony experience
• Familiarity with systems engineering responsibilities and functions.
• Prior experience in project management.
• Cisco Certifications such as CCNP, CCNA, and/or CCDA are preferred.
|Attach doc||Document not uploaded|