|Roles and responsibilities||Brafton is North America’s premier content marketing agency, creating results-focused strategies and content to fuel SEO, social media and leads for clients. We work at the helm of the web marketing industry from offices in Boston, Chicago and San Francisco. Our teams continuously build on expertise across new media formats, including video, blogs and infographics. Brafton is Inc’s 61st fastest-growing private U.S. business, committed to hiring and developing new talent. We’re looking for our next Account Manager in Chicago!|
Account Managers are the in-person representative of the client relationship, with a primary focus on revenue retention and problem solving. You will work with a team of Content Marketing Strategists to ensure the delivery of exceptional service to clients. The ideal candidate is a true challenger, and influencer who can command a room, change perceptions and navigate authority. This candidate will also have the natural ability to demonstrate and sell return on investment (ROI) - a powerful and impactful presenter who can win over and excite audiences, with the charisma to build rapport with all levels of corporate decision makers.
1. ROI Demonstration: You will be the face of the company and influence your clients through content marketing expertise, ROI demonstration, and interpersonal presence. You will interpret and present statistical data highlighting ROI achievements in a highly compelling manner, and will identify opportunities for further driving results.
2. Client Interaction: You will assist the Content Marketing Strategists, Director of Content Marketing and Director of Account Management on client review calls and in-person meetings, as well as uncover opportunities to grow the partnership.
3. Negotiation: You will be responsible for negotiating client contracts, with a specific focus on problem solving.
4. Interdepartmental Liaison: You will work closely with department heads from sales, editorial, tech, social media, operations, finance and marketing to develop and execute content marketing best practices.
5. Strategic SME: You will be a point of subject matter expertise and authority on content, search, social, email, and video marketing, as well as strategy, problem solving, and negotiation. You will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring of industry developments and improvement of retention strategies in the form of new product ideas and initiatives. You will work with your Content Marketing Strategists to develop and maintain strong, complex, multi-faceted content marketing strategies for your clients.
|Required Competencies/Skills||KEY SUCCESS FACTORS /REQUIREMENTS|
To be successful, you will run in-person presentations and meetings that excite and achieve long-term investment from our clients.
You will be a chameleon consultant who can switch approach easily for different influencers and decision makers - a natural challenger who also creates outstanding client rapport.
You will be highly credible, confident, and authoritative across all audiences with conviction, superb commercial acumen, and the ability to influence decisions through solid strategies, data, and relationships.
You will have excellent situational and interpersonal judgment combined with drive, enthusiasm, and tenacity to close issues quickly.
You will be extremely perceptive, with exceptional questioning and negotiation skills in order to positively impact your team’s client relationships.
You are highly effective at winning ongoing investment from clients.
-Ability to travel: 80% travel to local and national client sites
-5 years relevant work experience, 3 years in a client-facing role
-Expertise in SEO, Content Marketing, Digital Marketing
|Work experience||5+ Years|