|Roles and responsibilities||Essential Duties: |
• Performs a variety of administrative tasks including the scheduling of appointments and management of the VP calendar;
• Works closely with the VP to ensure calendar control;
• Assists in coordinating an efficient and accurate flow of communications to all IP and Executive Team members, as requested by the VP;
• Coordinates meeting calendars including scheduling speakers for brown bag lunch series and other regular meetings;
• Coordinates information requests and the consolidation of feedback and information, as directed by the VP;
• Responds, as appropriate, on behalf of the VP to invitations and requests for information;
• Creates a file system for the VP, as appropriate, and maintains all files for the VP;
• Takes and maintains minutes of meetings such as IP Directors meetings as directed by the VP;
• Assists in the preparation of agendas and materials for meetings;
• Keeps a file of VP contacts and meetings, is an expert at “who’s who” of CEO contacts;
• May create written correspondence such as thank you letters and/or acknowledgements on behalf of the VP;
• Manages travel planning for the VP and ensures proper communication and tracking of travel;
• Completes expense reports for VP;
• Assists with tracking of team expenditures and budget monitoring.
• Receive visitors;
• Order and maintain office supplies;
• Logistical support, such as meeting set up, ordering meals for meetings, set up and clean up as needed;
• Assists, as needed and as appropriate with back –up for Office manager; and
• Other duties, as required.
|Skill set||Education and Experience|
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, communications, international development or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working directly for a CEO or senior executive in an administrative role.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong editing and proof-reading skills
• Ability to manage multiple demands and priorities, and negotiate timelines
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in all circumstances
• Ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with Plan’s staff in overseas offices, in donor organizations and in peer organizations
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
• Full English language fluency required
• Administrative skills and advanced knowledge of computer applications (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
|Years of Work Experience||3 years|
|Job Req #||2013-0223|
|Job Summary||Plan International USA is seeking an energetic, articulate, and highly organized individual to provide primary high-level administrative support to the VP of International Programs. The Executive Assistant will play a critical role in ensuring smooth day-to-day operations for the VP and other members of the IP team, as needed.|