|Roles and responsibilities||The Philanthropy Development Associate works in the Warwick, RI, office to support the Team in the following areas:|
• Manage the team’s Raisers Edge needs. Conduct refresh weekly. Perform queries as needed by team and individual team members, as well as train team members in conducting queries. Maintain RE security settings.
• Pull lists of donors for mailings and reporting (stewardship pieces), and track revenue through RE. Conduct other portfolio analyses as needed by Director.
• Support team with entering/tracking bulk/group actions into Raisers Edge, such as i-contact emails, mailings, etc.
• Manage i-contact emails. Work with Marketing to access drafts or with team to prepare own messages, send out messages and batch add action into RE. Keep calendar of emails.
• Issue weekly gift report to team, based on RE query. Team uses Gift reports to track gifts from their donors and write personal thanks yous for their donors. Assign gifts after each weekly refresh so that team gets credit for their donors’ gift.
• Keep track (using excel spreadsheet) of adjustments to our portfolio – gifts from our assigned donors that are posted to other team’s revenue codes. Submit to Finance and Marketing on quarterly basis, or as needed.
• Pick up mail and distribute to team. Organize mailings to remote staff members on regular basis.
• Process gifts that come to our team directly, including stock gifts.
• Write and send out Thank You letters to special donor gifts. Also, enter new thank you letters for appeals or other mailings into CCG.
• Keep organized files and documentation for gifts, as well as expenses for team (as needed).
• Assist with mailings for teams, including merging and printing letters, envelopes, stamps, stuffing mailings, etc.
• Assist with special event planning and execution, as needed;
• Attend team meetings;
• Order office supplies.
• Issue manual receipts for donors, as needed.
•Other duties as assigned.
|Skill set||• Passionate about Plan mission, vision and values|
• Excellent organizational & management skills.
• At least 3-5 years working in office environment supporting team efforts in administration and office support. Experience in philanthropy office or other non-profit preferred.
• At least two years’ experience working with Raisers Edge and demonstrated abilities to conduct queries.
• Strong knowledge and skills in Access database use.
• Knowledge and experience in SalesForce/ Convio preferred
• Independent and a quick-study
|Years of Work Experience||3-5 years|
|Job Req #||2013-0220|
|Job Summary||The Philanthropy team works with individual donors to secure and steward large non-sponsorship gifts ($1,000+) and Planned Gifts such as bequests and annuities. The team produces its own personalized solicitations, newsletter, email communications, and small donor cultivation events. Internally, the Team interacts with the following teams: Marketing, Communications, Donor Relations, International Programs, Finance and the Executive office to coordinate and leverage resources to most effectively fundraise for our international programs.|