|Work experience||5-9 years|
|Expected Earnings||Negotiable. Please include your salary expectations|
|Job Description||TM8 Recruitment http://www.tm8.ca is helping our fast-growing Fleet Management Solutions client locate a Controller for it's Coquitlam, BC location.|
The client specializes in Fleet Management solutions in the golf, turf & utility fleet management industries and have designed their application around the features necessary for operators to run their facilities more cost -efficiently and with greater protection. They provide leading organizations with cost savings and the ability to achieve greater operational efficiencies of their fleets. Partnered with leading organizations such as the National Recreation and Parks Association, National Golf Course Owners Association, Club Managers Association of America and the Golf Course Superintendent's Association of America, their name has become synonymous with quality, operational efficiency savings and support.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package
- This position offers the opportunity for the right individual to work with the CEO to grow the Company and be a key player with opportunities for advancement and profit sharing.
The Controller is responsible for directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting to top management and externally. The Controller also maintains the company's accounting systems and implements changes as required.
- Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department.
- Work with operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Work with the management team to define effective KPIs for all departments.
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making.
- Work with external auditors, audit committee and Board of Directors.
- Prepare and present financial information for quarterly and annual reports.
- Manage research and development program for CCRA and accounting requirements.
- Work with sales team on product pricing, costing and margins.
- Hiring, training, mentoring and supervising accounting staff
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Education: CMA designation as a minimum.
|Required Skills & Experience||- Must have a minimum CMA|
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Management and or supervisory experience
- Knowledge of publicly traded companies and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand
- Knowledge of ERP computer systems an asset
- Decision making. Build a forward thinking, profit-based accounting department.
- Prior work experience in a technology company - a great plus.
Terms of Employment:
- Must be eligible to legally work in Canada
- Must be willing to sign a comprehensive Non-disclosure and Non-competition Agreement, upon job offer
- Must be able to work in a typical office setting
- Must be able to work effectively under the pressure of deadlines
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends from time-to-time when required to meet deadlines