|Job opening ID||69|
|Responsibilities/Competencies||• Responsible for estimates/schedule/planning and project execution Determine the most cost effective construction methods and use of personnel, material, equipment and subcontractors including change management control for project cost|
• Must have experience in management of union craft resources
• Manage all requirements associated with union labor agreements and pre job requirements
• Manage project staff including general foremen, foremen, and indirect staff
• Promote, enforce and establish safety as a priority and part of the Company’s management philosophy
• Ensure that management is accurately and fully informed of project costs, schedules, out of scope work, delays and that paperwork is complete, accurate and up-to-date
• Maintain a professional working relationship with the client, engineers, vendors and Company management
• Enforce Company Policies and Processes as it relates to this position and serve as an ethical example to subordinates and peers
• Organize, conduct and represent the Company at project coordination meetings at regular agreed upon intervals.
• Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals.
• Manage Closeout process
• Actively participates with internal team(s) focused on continuous improvement of the business.
|Requirements||• Must be willing to travel and work on Fossil Maintenance & construction sites located throughout the U.S and will report to the Dallas Texas Operation|
• Minimum 10+ years in managing fossil maintenance and modification and construction in operating plant environment
• Broad knowledge of union labor operations
• Experienced in project estimates/ scheduling/ planning and the development of project execution plans
• Have good working knowledge of OSHA requirements as applicable within power plant operations
• Willing to travel and work on construction sites located throughout U.S.
• Solid experience in coordinating safe and efficient projects
• Proven track record in leading, motivating and direction teams
• Proven track record demonstrating success in management lump sum projects
• Possess working knowledge of projects plans, specifications, Owner Contract, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, drawings, submittals and all other project related documents and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings
• Able to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills.