|Job Opening ID||44|
|Roles and Responsibilities||We are seeking an Accounting Clerk to join our growing company. The company was recently acquired, and our CEO has brought in a new leadership team and established a high performance culture. |
We strongly believe that our success is directly related to the strength of our people and we are seeking a driven Accounting Clerk. This is a key role in a fast growing, entrepreneurial driven organization composed of driven results oriented individuals. The ideal candidate will possess 3+ years experience in Accounting. The incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, accounts receivable, accounts payable, account reconciliation, journal entries, matching, batching, coding and updating the general ledger.
• Bookkeeping, entry of payables, receivables, sales, deposits, reconciliations, reporting and analysis.
• Process a high volume of invoices daily.
• Perform heavy data entry with a strong focus on attention to detail.
• Audit employee expense reports.
• Determine proper general ledger coding for invoices when needed.
• Reconciliation and analysis of large invoices/vendor statements.
• Obtain appropriate approval to pay invoices.
• Investigate and resolve issues that arise with the processing of invoices/check requests and purchase orders.
• Research, analyze, and resolve complex payment and vendor issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Support requests for payment information and invoice copies as required (research, audits, tax filings, etc.).
• Maintain accurate, efficient filing system for all Accounts Payable documents.
• Batch documents in specified quantities, add to obtain batch total and prepare batch header form with control tape attached.
• Research unmatched invoices and receipts timely following department procedure. Create debit memo and/or adjustment to receipt to resolve as necessary.
• Research invoice & receipt aging reports monthly. Document findings and action taken. Request invoices, vendor statements, or Vendor Services assistance as needed. Identify duplicate invoices. Advise AP Lead Clerk or Manager of problems for assistance in timely resolution.
• Maintain a professional image and good working rapport with team members, Vendor Services and other internal partners to ensure efficient completion of assigned tasks and a pleasant working environment.
• Act as the primary intake person for all new clinical trials by setting up clinical study details with the appropriate budget and payment milestones in the clinical research database, Clinical Conductor.
• Coordinate, monitor and manage the finances of clinical research studies, including tracking of invoices and matching receivables to outstanding invoices, including pass-through fees and milestone payments. Account for other costs associated with the clinical trials as incurred. These costs include incremental patient medical costs and costs associated with laboratory services as well as advertising costs.
• Act as Administrator of clinical research study tracking software. Ensure compliance from research staff in regards to required staff entries in study tracking software.
• Maintain financial reports within the software and effectively communicate the information to the appropriate personnel.
• Manage the research contracts, CDAs, Letters of Intent and other legal documents. Maintain electronic files of these documents.
• Perform special projects as assigned.
|Skill Set||Education/Experience: High School diploma or GED equivalent required and 2-3 years experience in accounting/bookkeeping with 1 to 3 years accounts payable or accounts receivable experience.|
Technical: 10-key by touch; computer skills to include basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; general understanding of accounting concepts; experience with Quickbooks is preferred. Good written and verbal communication skills. Must maximize use of electronic tools to complete processing and problem solving efficiently.
Behavior Attributes: Exhibit an interest in working with people in a team environment. Results-oriented, willing to follow through, make informed decisions, complete tasks and solve problems. Demonstrate attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
Compensation/Benefits: The pay range for the position is $13.00 to $17.40 per hour. Hometown Urgent Care offers a competitive benefits package and PTO plan.
|Attach doc||Document not uploaded|