|Department||Promotions & Talent|
|Key Responsibilities||* Develop appropriate PR messaging which is in line with our objectives as well as one which our target audiences can identify with|
* Create Brand Recognition and buzz about Felony Magazine in prospective circles.
* Plan Events to create awareness.
* Create an aggressive outreach program to targeted members of the media.
* Develop and/or review key messages for consistency among all media and collateral materials.
* Develop top-tier business and vertical media list targets.
* Develop trend-pitching stories.
* Schedule face-to-face press and analyst briefing/interviews.
* Research and identify award opportunities.
* Research, identify and pursue scheduled editorial opportunities.
* Create and disseminate press releases to a broad range of publications, media houses and websites
* Develop and ensure consistency in key messages and branch image across media feed and marketing collaterals
* Use strategy of providing coverage in by-lined articles to reach targeted business verticals and industries
* Define a clear strategy for media targeting , developing pitches and making contacts
* Follow up with media houses, journalists and editors for potential brand awareness opportunities as well as procuring copies of all media hits
|Skills & Talents||* Ability to write compelling press materials (samples required)|
* Proven skills of social media marketing
* Demonstrated ability use a broad spectrum of communication tools across a myriad of channels including print, web/intranet, social networking, email, Webex, videoconferencing, PRTrak, ProfNet, Cision, PR Newswire, MultiVu, to name a few
|About Felony Magazine||We’re called Felony for a reason: and no, it has nothing to do with the record we picked up while getting a little too crazy at college! If you’re looking for news, tips, tricks and reviews from industry insiders about the cutting edge of modeling, fashion and fashion photography, you’ve come to the right place! Here at Felony, news comes so hot off the presses that we should probably have a caution label – and we unflinchingly disclose industry secrets that some people would probably pay us to keep.|
We’re committed to breaking past the barriers of the status quo in the modeling industry. From our fans to our models to all the hopefuls that pick up a copy of our rag to get the scoop on what they need to do to be a successful model, we’re determined to becoming an industry-changing powerhouse for your benefit, telling you what the big guys’ won’t and building a better experience from the ground up.
|Position Overview||We are looking for the right individual to launch a strategic branding and public relations campaign to make Felony Magazine synonymous within the modeling industry, with valued name recognition within the targeted demographics to reach out to established and aspiring models.|
The successful candidate will build awareness and interest, serve as a spokesperson and manage the flow of information. This should be done through developing strategic multi-faceted and consistent campaigns using various methods.
NOTE: This is a 12-week unpaid internship; the intern may be offered a paid Public Relations position, dependant on evaluations and reviews, at the conclusion of the 12-week period. To be considered, you MUST indicate “Internship” in Schedule block on the application.
|Experience Requirements||* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)|
* Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
* Strategic thinker, an avid reader, interested in world events
* Good networking skills and interpersonal skills are important
* Must be proficient with computer skills
* Must keep up to date with media trends
|Education Requirements||* Should have a degree in mass communications or public relations, be currently enrolled in such a program – or have intentions to begin such a program in the near future.|