|Roles and responsibilities||As a Project Manager, you will serve in a project management capacity overseeing and coordinating the efforts of multiple projects at any one time. You will be responsible for managing the deliverables of the project, project planning, schedule, resources and managing to the project budget. You will be the primary contact in all phases of the projects for which you are assigned and function as the customer’s primary point of contact for the duration of those projects. |
Project managers with a strong background in software engineering is preferred. Software engineer's that have been acting as a project manager to move the development of your project along, and new to the project management position with a strong technical/S/W Engineering background is also preferred.
• Manage all aspects of assigned projects following initial sales activity and contract award. Effectively translate customer's requirements into functional plans in coordination with systems engineering.
• Duties to incl. planning & scheduling of all phases of assigned projects, serve as primary customer contact and liaison, ensure level of technical quality is achieved and maintained, & coordinate resource allocation.
• Accountable for continual tracking and analysis of project performance against project plan to ensure project success.
• Strong ability to relate to technical engineers by way of past experience in development or testing environments
• Responsible for system(s) conformity to specifications in coordination with the project team.
• Coordinate with other functional departments and outside vendors to schedule necessary work and provide statement of work as necessary; product modifications, product testing, training, sub-contracting needs to vendors
• Oversees all facets of on-site system installation and deployment and customer coordination.
• Direct team’s completion of tasks in accomplishment of project management goals and do so for several projects, simultaneously.
• Manage, control, and report all project costs and activities to Program Managers.
• Provide regular and appropriate status to senior management and customer regarding project updates, problems, schedule changes, etc. Prepare and coordinate action plans to address specific business issues/problems.
• Implementing mid-size project implementations, to include specifications, implementations, reporting, cost, and schedule management
• Strong understanding of the overall Software Development Lifecycle and ability to drive project tasks to support the lifecycle
• Professional presentation skills, both in person and via teleconference
• Willingness to travel as necessary to support project implementation and customer meetings
• Excellent organizational, time management, communication skills with keen eye for details
• Four year degree in computer science, computer engineering (or related technical field)
• Prior experience in a technical role such as systems analysis, programming, data base administration, software development, etc, is extremely important.
Experience and other qualifications required:
• 3 to 5 years' experience in technical project management, implementing mid-size project implementations, to include specifications, implementation, reporting, cost and schedule management.
• Capability to comprehend and effectively translate customer’s requirements into functional technical specifications.
• Must be confident and at ease dealing with a variety of personalities, both internally and externally. Good communication skills are necessary.
• Must possess excellent analytical skills allowing for thorough consideration of all aspects associated with project implementation(s).
• Must have the resiliency to work extended hours, when required, specifically for proposal responses with specific time deadlines.
• Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
• Project management experience with excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple, and sometimes conflicting, priorities.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/project simultaneously while meeting company’s commitments including project deadlines, quality, budget, and customer expectations.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and persistence, and ability to exercise multiple initiatives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Ability to develop strong business relationships with individuals serving as part of the project team, internal and external resources, and customers.
• PC skills (MS Office Suite, Project, etc.), especially with MS Project or similar tool, managing complex projects.
• High level interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written), negotiation and conflict management skills; able to work with a variety of people
|Attach doc||Document not uploaded|