|Job opening ID||81|
|Essential Functions||Duties & Responsibilities:|
• Successfully complete new Corpsmember orientation and training.
• Work on a crew with approximately 10 young adults completing service and conservation
projects throughout the Denver metro area.
• Complete conservation projects on public lands throughout the Denver metro area and Front
Range. Project examples are trail construction and maintenance, fencing, campground
improvements, noxious weed eradication, wildlife habitat improvements and public land
maintenance and clean up.
• May be required to participate in Colorado Cares National Service Day.
• Fully participate in environmental education, leadership development, civic engagement,
healthy lifestyles, career development, and service learning activities.
• Fully participate in all technical trainings related to the service projects.
• Adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
• Adhere to the rules and regulations specified in the MHYC Employee and Corpsmember
• Diligently practice Leave No Trace techniques.
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities||Corpsmember Qualifications:|
• Must be between the ages of 18-24 and eligible for employment in the United States.
• High school or GED graduate.
• Must be physically fit, able to lift 75 lbs., spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g.,
sun, heat, wind, rain, etc.) and hike 7 miles with a day-pack.
• Available for a minimum of 450 hours of service, 40 hours per week.
• Able to be on time and maintain a minimum of 90% attendance rate through term of service.
• Experience or strong desire to learn the technical skills needed to effectively maintain public
• Must commit to complete the program and participate fully in work projects, and education.
• Must be willing to appropriately represent Mile High Youth Corps both in behavior and dress
code. Uniforms will be provided.
• Must be willing to work hard, actively participate as part of a team, and be dedicated to the
Youth Corp philosophy.
• Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first
day. Examples of such documents are a passport or a driver’s license and social security
card/birth certificate or other equivalent documents.
• Pre-service background check required. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which
• Pre-service drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during term.
• Must be able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify
• Member must not engage in any prohibited activities as listed in the AmeriCorps Member Service Agreement.
|Position Description||View document|