|Job opening ID||80|
|Essential Functions||Duties & Responsibilities:|
• Successfully complete new Corpsmember orientation and S212 chainsaw training.
• Work on a crew with approximately 10 young adults completing service and conservation
projects throughout the Denver metro area.
• Complete conservation projects on public lands throughout the Denver metro area and Front
Range using basic tools, chainsaws, a chipper and other equipment. Project examples are
forest thinning and restoration, invasive species removal, hazardous fuels reduction, park
improvements and development.
• May be required to participate in Colorado Cares National Service Day.
• Fully participate in environmental education, leadership development, civic engagement,
healthy lifestyles, career development, and service learning activities.
• Fully participate in all technical trainings related to the service projects.
• Adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
• Adhere to the rules and regulations specified in the MHYC Employee and Corpsmember
• Diligently practice Leave No Trace techniques.
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities||Corpsmember Qualifications:|
• Must be between the ages of 18-24 and eligible for employment in the United States.
• High school or GED graduate.
• Must be physically fit, able to operate a chainsaw safely for up to 8 hours per day, lift 75 lbs.,
spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g., sun, heat, wind, rain, etc.) and hike 7
miles with a day-pack.
• Available for a minimum of 657-450 hours of service, 40 hours per week.
• Able to be on time and maintain a minimum of 90% attendance rate through term of service.
• Experience or strong desire to learn the technical skills needed to effectively maintain public
• Must commit to complete the program and participate fully in work projects, and education.
• Must be willing to appropriately represent Mile High Youth Corps both in behavior and dress
code. Uniforms will be provided.
• Must be willing to work hard, actively participate as part of a team, and be dedicated to the
Youth Corp philosophy.
• Experience with chainsaws highly preferred.
• Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first
day. Examples of such documents are a passport or a driver’s license and social security
card/birth certificate or other equivalent documents.
• Pre-service background check required. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which
• Pre-service drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during term.
• Must be able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify
|Position Description||View document|