|Job opening ID||69|
|Essential Functions||Essential Functions: |
This is very physically demanding position. While performing the duties of this contract, the Corpsmember is frequently required to walk, sit and talk or listen. The Corpsmember is required to use hands to operate tools including chainsaws, backpack sprayers and other controls, and to reach with hands and arms. The Corpsmember is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Corpsmember may be required to hike up to five miles, at altitude, with a day pack and a chainsaw. The Corpsmember must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to focus. The Corpsmember must be able to understand and communicate safety instructions as well as basic workplace instructions in English. The Corpsmember may be required to camp up to 10 days at a time.
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities||Corpsmember Qualifications: |
• Must be between the ages of 18-24 and eligible for employment in the United States.
• Must commit to complete the program and participate fully on projects, in crew life, and educational sessions.
• Must be willing to uphold the images of both the MHYC-CS and the AmeriCorps Program.
• Must have a strong work ethic; actively participate as part of a team, and be dedicated to the Youth Corps philosophy.
• Ability to adhere to the MHYC-CS policy which prohibits smoking and other tobacco use in MHYC-CS facilities, vehicles or project or camping sites.
• Experience in the outdoors and camping highly preferred
• Experience in trail work and/or ranch, landscaping work highly preferred.
• Pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required. May implement drug testing throughout employment. May be required to undergo a Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal check, which involves being fingerprinted.
• Must be able to legally work in the United States which will be verified through the Federal E-Verify program.
|Position Description||View document|