|Job opening ID||79|
|Essential Functions||Program Planning, Design and Implementation|
• Participate in overall program planning and provide on-going suggestions for improvement and design.
• Assist staff in the development and implementation of Corpsmember orientations.
• Support the VISTA position in the enhancement of the service learning curriculum, counseling and placement activities.
• Plan and facilitate service projects, field trips, community meetings, journaling and team-building activities.
• Support Land Conservation programs through site visits and project participation with attention to risk management and Corpsmember satisfaction.
• Transport Mile High Youth Corps equipment or Corpsmembers as needed.
• Model the code of conduct, discipline policies and program procedures outlined in the employee handbooks at all times.
• Maintain and promote a positive corps culture.
Corpsmember Development & Education
• Provide support to Corps Mentors with their leadership roles throughout the term. This includes trainings, weekly check-ins, and resource support.
• Assist the program staff and VISTA as needed in planning, facilitation and tracking of Career Readiness Training activities.
• Substitute for Land Conservation Corpsmembers in the field as needed.
• Work with staff to effectively meet logistics support needs.
• Bring to attention of staff Corpsmembers’ barriers and progress towards success.
• Promote individual learning, leadership and personal growth among Corpsmembers.
• Participate in scheduled national service days and all Corps events as assigned.
• Provide support and resources for ISP hours as needed.
• Work with the Development and Marketing Department in recruitment and agency-related presentations.
• Work with Development and Marketing Department to keep social media updated by writing blogs, tweets, posts, etc.
• Assist staff with the reporting required for funders and board members.
• Assist staff members with general requests.
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities||Education: High School diploma or equivalent and an Associates degree required. A Bachelors degree is highly preferred. Significant professional experience may be substituted for some post-secondary education. |
• At least six months of working with a diverse population of youth and experience working with groups of people in a team atmosphere.
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Experience on a Youth Corps crew REQUIRED.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Excel, MS Publisher. Good knowledge of social media.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on your first day.
• Must be able to meet Income Qualifications per grant requirements.
• Ability to motivate and communicate effectively with a diverse group of young people and staff.
• Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record and ability to drive a 12-passenger van safely.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs., spend 8 hours a day in the sun or cold and hike 5 miles with a day-pack.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to learn new skills and demonstrate personal initiative.
• Ability to complete tasks in a detailed and timely manner.
• Superior people skills, including good speaking and writing skills.
• Ability to represent the agency in a professional manner.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
• Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first day. Examples of such documents are a passport or a driver’s license and social security card/birth certificate or other equivalent documents.
• Pre-employment background check required. FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting.
• Pre-employment drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during employment.
• Must be able to legally work in the United States, verified via the federal E-Verify program.
|Position Description||View document|