|Job opening ID||73|
|Essential Functions||Clientele Capacity Building: |
• Clearly communicate project objectives and services to potential clients.
• Collaborate with Client Intake department to fill weekly schedule for all Conservation teams.
• Work with Crew Leaders and Client Intake staff to ensure complete and accurate files on each client.
• Problem-solve scheduling challenges on a daily basis and proactively deal with dynamic situations.
• Support client service forms and case notes in a number of databases in a timely manner.
• Promote project sustainability by creating and editing various letters, publications, rosters, flyers, reports, etc.
• Interact with low-income clients to offer information on energy and water conservation techniques during technical installs or through neighborhood canvassing.
• Receive hands-on technical trainings related to all projects. Learn to problem solve diverse technical challenges in the work space.
• Fully participate in all safety trainings and adhere to agency safety rules and regulations.
• Substitute for Corpsmembers in the field as needed.
• Adhere to the rules and regulations specified in the MHYC Corpsmember Handbook.
• Report to Mile High Youth Corps Program Coordinator: Conservation.
• May be required to participate in Global Youth Service Day.
• Fully participate in environmental education, leadership development, civic engagement, healthy lifestyles, career development, independent living and service learning activities.
• Fully participate in educational curriculum including: goal-setting, service learning and life skills. Some of these activities may be outside of MHYC daily schedule.
• Fully participate in career readiness training including: cover letter and resume building as well as career and/or college placement and skill development.
• Fully participate in Corpsmember team activities including stretch and safety circle, crew time, community meetings, and all corps service projects.
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities||• Fluency in Spanish and English languages is REQUIRED.|
• 18-24 years old.
• GED or HS diploma required.
• Willingness to participate in teambuilding activities and promote a strong team atmosphere.
• Superior customer service, including a friendly and welcoming demeanor.
• Superior communication skills, including strong speaking and writing skills.
• Must make a strong commitment to term of service by being available for a minimum of 675 hours of service, 40 hours a week
• Must be computer literate including Microsoft Word and Office applications.
• Ability to serve in a professional manner with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to complete tasks in a detailed and timely manner.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to type and accurately complete data entry.
• Ability to act and present oneself in a professional manner.
• Able to appropriately represent Mile High Youth Corps and the AmeriCorps Program both in behavior and dress code.
• Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first day. Examples of such documents are a passport or a driver’s license and social security card/birth certificate or other equivalent documents.
• Pre-service background check required. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting.
• Pre-service drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during term.
• Must be able to legally serve in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program.
• Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on the first day.
|Position Description||View document|