|Job opening ID||4|
|Job Description||Job Description|
The Web Designer is responsible for creating compelling visual web-based marketing solutions that speak to Vital Choice customers. Working independently and as a member of the Design Team, the Designer will develop and refine visual design concepts, participate in critiques, and help guide the company’s vision for its high-end commerce-driving solutions. Working with our Senior Designers and Marketing Communications Team the Designer will have his/her hands in many exciting projects!
Using your leading visual design skills and innovative approach, you will ensure that our website and digital communications stay on brand while using the most current design and technology to connect with our customers.
• Collaborate and develop creative design solutions that attract, engage and sell, including compelling emails, display ads, banners, and other digital marketing assets that are on brand and speak to our customer.
• Responsible for the design, layout, formatting and coding of digital materials. Integrate typographic, photographic, illustrative and other elements into designs.
• Collaborate with Senior Designers and Marketing Team to ensure adherence to corporate look-and-feel, and to company technical standards.
• Use creative messaging to drive increased brand awareness and product sales.
• Manage a variety of design initiatives at any given time, creating clear priorities in a changing environment and hitting key deadlines.
• Maintain flexibility while working with other team members toward design goals.
Skills and Abilities
Design skills: Proven knowledge of UX and IA design principles. Possess strong sense of concept development, in addition to communication, research, problem-solving and presentation skills. Ability to utilize web-ready assets and work closely with front-end web developer.
Management: Strong ability to work effectively in a self-directed manner. Effectively manage multiple design projects with overlapping timelines, hitting deadlines and creating fantastic design.
Communication: Strong interpersonal and presentation skills enabling the persuasive presentation of creative ideas. Ability to give and receive constructive criticism with professionalism, tact, and inspiration.
Execution: Demonstrated proactive, solutions-oriented approach toward design problems. Attention to detail and a commitment to design integrity. Ability to collaborate with teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects. Experience building emails that render properly across major email clients and browsers (responsive email building knowledge a plus). A proven track record in developing solutions for brand-forward content and commerce sites. Experience conducting and responding effectively to web usability testing.
Education and Experience
• 5 years’ experience in visual design for an ecommerce company focused on customer facing brands.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design or related field.
• Expertise in a wide range of design, web and multimedia software including: HTML, Flash, Google analytics, Adobe Creative Suite
• Working knowledge of animation and video (web optimization)
• Experience in the following Preferred: SiteCatalyst, CSS
|Additional Information||This role requires:|
• Work from a home office.
• Live within driving distance of our corporate offices in Ferndale, WA, preferred.
• Attend occasional meetings in our Ferndale, WA location.
• Be available during regular business hours via email and phone.
• Be full-time, exempt. This role is temporary with room to grow into a regular position.
• Be a non-smoker.