|Roles and responsibilities||Directs and coordinates hotel activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and to maximize full potential with a balanced focus on mission and guest, employee and owner satisfaction. Is familiar with and complies with the da Vinci Villa’s standards in performing all key areas of accountability and other essential duties and responsibilities.|
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Effectively and appropriately manages hotel staff.
- Plans, develops and implements da Vinci Villa’s policies and goals, maximizing standards of guest service, occupancy rates, and revenue goals.
- Ensures guests receive professional, efficient, prompt and courteous service through management of hotel staff.
- Ensures training and development of hotel staff to enable effective job performance, teamwork, attitude, and clear communications. Ensures hotel staff compliance to assigned position performance standards.
- Provides weekly statistic reservation forecasts, revises and maximizes selling strategies appropriately, and leads front desk staff in managing hotel reservations system to goal.
- Prepares, allocates, and manages hotel operating budget. Identifies areas in which upgrades are needed or reductions can be made. Monitors and maintains financial accounting records and prepares reports as needed.
- Accurately reviews and approves payroll before processing.
- Accurately manages Daily Operating Report, petty cash bank, audit files and procedures, accounts receivable, rents (if applicable), manager’s checkbook and check register, daily purchase records, and all other accounting records as required.
- Confers with General Manager and other department heads to review activity, operating, and sales reports. Evaluates and recommends needed changes in hotel programs or operations to hotel management.
- Performs daily and weekly property inspections. Ensures property, grounds, physical plant, and work areas are maintained to standard, and that all safety equipment and
conditions are to code. Monitors maintenance progress and FF&E conditions; recommends improvements; prepares status reports for hotel management.
- Ensures hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need through management of staff. Collects monthly inventories from department heads.
- Liaise with guests, staff and vendors to resolve conflicts courteously and professionally.
- Cultivates strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, da Vinci Villa’s executive staff, and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfillment of special event needs.
- Inspects rooms for VIP’s.
- Effectively and appropriately responds to all guest and employee emergencies.
- Review and confirm updates of rates in the computer system.
- Promotes da Vinci Villa within hotel industry, local community, and trade associations.
- Upholds and enforces da Vinci Villa’s mission/standards.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works weekends and holiday shifts as Manager on Duty, as assigned.
- Carries and responds to radio at all times, unless otherwise authorized by GM.
- Attends and/or directs mandatory executive staff and departmental meetings. Conveys pertinent information to staff and department heads.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communication flow with regard to policies and procedures, achievement of hotel goals, etc.
- Ensures hotel staff is provided uniforms and nametags, and upholds da Vinci Villa’s grooming standards. Ensures hotel staff is in compliance with all safety and health requirements of da Vinci Villa, state, and federal regulations. Initiates safety training for hotel staff.
- Upholds and enforces da Vinci Villa’s key control standards.
- Ensures compliance and complies with da Vinci Villa policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper use and care of all da Vinci Villa and Café Como’s equipment and supplies.
- Carries out all reasonable requests of management not listed above.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages all departments and staff as applicable. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with da Vinci Villa’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; arranging fill-ins; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, etc.
|Skill set||Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative, but not exhaustive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, as required by state and federal law.|
*Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent requicollege degree preferred. Two years previous hotel management experience in a boutique or resort hotel required, and/or a combination of four years training and experience in hotel/resort
supervision and management. Experience in financial accounting, personnel supervision, and problem resolution.
*Language Skills: Position requires excellent spoken and written English communication skills including: ability to read, analyze, and interpret hospitality industry journals, financial reports, and legal documents; ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community; ability to effectively present information to corporate management, public groups, potential clients, and/or boards of directors.
*Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and to apply concepts such as fractions and percentages to practical situations.
*Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
*Certificates/Licenses: CPR certification will be required; employer will provide training. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, and automobile and associated coverage. Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
*Equipment/Computer Expertise: Basic typing skills and ability to operate standard office equipment including: copier, telefax, multiple-line telephone system, 10-key, etc. Must be experienced with and be able to effectively and efficiently use an IBM-type computer and printer to handle room reservations, payroll, word processing, database management and spreadsheet accounting (Epitome, AOD, M3, MICROS knowledge preferred).
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative, but not exhaustive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job, as required by state and federal law. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described herein are representative, but not exhaustive, of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, as required by state and federal law. The employee should be able to move around and work with others in a small, confined area. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Performance Evaluation: The Assistant General Manager’s performance will be evaluated based on a review of the following non-exhaustive factors: reliable, accurate and timely performance in key areas of accountability and other duties and responsibilities; hotel management and staff supervision; financial, labor and cost records; achievement of da Vinci Villa and GMP Management goals; attendance; work quality; completion and accuracy of assigned work, tasks, reports, and staff supervisory duties; compliance with da Vinci Villa’s policies and procedures; maintenance of positive, team-building attitude; and courteous professional guest service. Performance input may be obtained from the General Manager, and other managers, as well as guest comments and comment cards.
|Attach doc||Document not uploaded|
|Job opening ID||1|