|Posting title||Senior Oracle Database Architect|
|Roles and responsibilities||• Planning, managing, implementation and supporting all databases |
• Perform database tasks such as schema design, performance tuning, capacity planning, backups, monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, and change control activities.
• Responsible for all activities associated with the management and operation of database platforms: creating database tables, indexes, triggers and views to support new and existing applications, design and implementing incremental and full back-up policies and procedures, monitoring database size and performance, tuning SQL queries, developing prototypes to demonstrate proposed functionality, produce support documentation, and provide 3rd level production support.
• Install software and maintain upgrades and patches, facilitate root cause analysis on database issues, manage security of application access to databases, perform benchmarking analysis to properly size hardware platforms, and maintain technical documentation relating to database management.
• Ensure compliance with RDBMS license agreements
• Responsible for supporting Business Applications development teams while providing guidance and best practice solutions.
• Principal responsibilities include ensuring data integrity and performance of production databases. Support the development of data loads and extracts.
• Run diagnostics and maintain operation logs and documentation.
• Provide on-call support as needed.
• Setup, monitor, and maintain disaster recovery solutions for production databases.
• Design, create and maintain highly available and secure database instances.
• Create databases and database objects such as tables, indexes, views, triggers, and stored procedures.
• Create and maintain customized database reports and perform data analysis.
• Assist in the management of the hardware and software as related to the operations of the SQL Server and Oracle Database Server, including system development, maintenance, and recommendations of purchases of new hardware and software.
• Perform under limited supervision, maintain reliability of data and databases, and assist in developing and implementing standards for database maintenance and configuration.
• Responsible for synchronizing and migrating data and database objects between development, quality assurance, production and DR environments.
• Mentor and provide support to Service Operations, Level 2 DBA team, and Software Applications Developers in best practices for database design, programming, and tuning.
• Work as a member of the technology team to assist in providing maximum availability and support of information technology systems.
|Job type||Full time|
|Skill set||COMPETENCIES |
1. Proven track record of increasing customer satisfaction levels
2. Must have a Customer First Mentality
3. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
5. Ability to lead projects with emphasis on flawless execution
6. Ability to work on multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment
7. Ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with challenging customers or events
8. Ability to get results through collaboration with cross-functional IT teams and business partners
9. Passion for teamwork, career growth, and knowledge sharing
10. Ability to adapt quickly to on-going change
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrated progressive experience in Oracle and SQL Server Database Systems Engineering and Administration
• Experience working within a manufacturing company, in solutions engineering position is desired
• Extensive knowledge of Oracle Database and SQL Server Database.
• Extensive knowledge of scripting (both UNIX and Windows)
1. 8+ years recent experience in production dba support and engineering of business critical Oracle Databases running on UNIX/LINUX
2. 5+ years recent experience in production DBA support and engineering of business critical SQL Server databases
3. Extensive experience with SAP running on Oracle database
4. Demonstrated experience with managing multi-terabyte databases
Some travel (< 25%) is required for this position including some weekend travel during technology upgrades